Nimona Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nimona Fan Forum

A Fan Forum for the discussion of the Nimon webcomic by Noelle Stevenson. This Forum is brand new so please help us get started by posting comments!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics?

Go down 
+2
Einah
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics?   What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics? EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 3:06 am

Good with a dash of corruption or rotten through and through?
Back to top Go down
https://nimonafanforum.forumotion.com
Einah

Einah

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics?   What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 10:02 am

I find the Institution a really interesting construct in Nimona.  It's hard to judge seeing as we've only really seen things from Goldenloin and the Director's points of view; are there other subsets to it?  What's going on with all the little soldier people?  Is it just the Director in control of the whole thing, or are there heads of other divisions?

I don't like to think of it as rotten through and through; more that they're originally good but the promise of power and control has corrupted it.  I think that they're still there to enforce justice, and they see it as doing the right thing; they're just starting to go about it the wrong way... but that could just be my naivety.  Either way, it's interesting and I'm excited to see what happens in the future, particularly between Goldenloin and the Director.
Back to top Go down
http://einahhh.tumblr.com
sky14kemea

sky14kemea

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics?   What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 10:09 am

It kinda makes me think of a medieval FBI, and the Director has become deformed over her obsession with complete control.

Or something, I have no idea. I can't wait to learn more about it though!

And maybe learn about more employees. I always feel bad for the faceless employees that get hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://alpacafragga.tumblr.com/
Einah

Einah

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics?   What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 10:18 am

Yesss! More info on the faceless employees (or at least one minor tangent, because it's very Director-centred) would be awesome. It'd be cool to see what they think of the Institution; why they're working for it, and their reaction to the whole mysterious poisoning thing...
Back to top Go down
http://einahhh.tumblr.com
firenapple

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics?   What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 10:46 am

Yes! I really liked that bit when Nimona placed the apple in I chapter 6, when we see the townspeople talking about the Institution. Although I'm not sure if it's nice seeing the background characters or just because Nimona is hilarious in that part
Back to top Go down
Dodes

Dodes

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics?   What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 3:12 pm

I believe that the Institution simply defines order. We could say that it's corrupt, but it may have just been designed that way. Again, the only perspective we have is from Nimona and Blackheart, so we're going to see and assume the worst. What I'm trying to say is that with something like feudal society, the Institution may just be the only thing stopping wars between nobles. If you know Medieval history, there are quite a few wars and kingdoms and their fiefs were always being exchanged at the cost of the peasants' life and well-being. In a sense, the Institution is like a nuclear weapon. It's bad, everyone agrees with that. But it's a power that is a classic deterrent. Though if someone had complete control of the Institution, they could easily enforce their iron will. I'm not familiar with Noelle Stevenson's work though, so I have no idea how complex she writes or if "the good guys are actually the bad guys" is as deep as it is going to get. That's what is part of the excitement with reading new authors who write well, you have no idea how complex they write in the overall plot.
Back to top Go down
Junk

Junk

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics?   What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics? EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 10:36 pm

Einah wrote:
Yesss!  More info on the faceless employees (or at least one minor tangent, because it's very Director-centred) would be awesome.  It'd be cool to see what they think of the Institution; why they're working for it, and their reaction to the whole mysterious poisoning thing...
I'd love to see how the soldiers are acting about things as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics?   What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think about the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nimona Fan Forum :: Nimona :: Nimona Comic General Discusions-
Jump to: