Nimona Fan Forum

A Fan Forum for the discussion of the Nimon webcomic by Noelle Stevenson. This Forum is brand new so please help us get started by posting comments!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Introduce yourself!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
noseonarug17

PostSubject: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:55 am

There's no official page for this, so let's have an unofficial one, freshman icebreaker format!

-name (username, alt, or real first/middle/whatever name)
-what you like to do
-when you started reading nimona
-favorite animal

for me, that's noseonarug17/zeebz/Kristian; I like climbing, ASOIAF, and video games; I probably started reading nimona sometime during chapter 6, as far as I can tell; and I love ocelots, lynx, snow leopards, and wolves.

edit: Wow, this is official now! I feel somewhat important! Thanks admin!
Bonus intro: I might be going to Mongolia for 6 weeks next summer!

Last edited by noseonarug17 on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Einah

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:06 am

Name:
-Einah or Steph

What I like to do:
-Read, play/listen to/write music, dance (Latin/ballroom), avoid responsibilities

When I started reading Nimona:
-I started reading it right from the start! I'd been following Noelle on Tumblr for a few months before she started Nimona, and I thought, well, she's cool and has a great sense of humour, so why not? AND IT ENDED UP BEING A BEAUTIFUL MASTERPIECE.

Favourite animal:
-Whales (I also like snakes and owls, also birds in general)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://einahhh.tumblr.com
Metichi

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Name: Metichi or Mets or Manuel or Pancho or a lot of other stuff. But basically those.

What I like to do:
Read webcomics, watch arty stuff, read drawing and comics tutorials and pretend some day I will do what they say, videogames and films.

When I started reading Nimona:
When this page (/nimona/comic/nimona-chapter-8-page-12) was the latest page. Lucky me I guess, totally spoilerfree because it doesn't make any sense!

Favourite animal:
That manatee from the gif that bumps into the glass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King Mob

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:38 pm

Dan Stubbs, from Birmingham. Nice to meet you all Smile

Reading, model making (its not even remotely cool but Its the one creative thing I am competent at), games, writing, the usual (and unusual) geek stuff.

I was introduced to Nimona just as it started.
Incidentally, I'm having issues posting my own topics on the forum; it just seems to re-load the compose post screen when I hit send. Any ideas, anybody?

I quite like ducks.

That is all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orivexes

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:48 pm

-name: Joe
-what you like to do: I like webcomics and stuff--video games, digital painting, making music
-when you started reading nimona: Some point near the beginning. Read an early review and immediately started loving the art.
-favorite animal: cactus??? nah let's say cats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://igobyjoe.tumblr.com
Dodes

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:58 pm

-what you like to do
-favorite animal

- I go by Dodes anywhere on the internet and my real name is Will

- I like politics, philosophy, creative writing, and amateur psychology

- Started reading Nimona two months ago after being recommended by a user on Tumblr

-  My favorite animal is the iconic Red Fox (Vulpes vulpes)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MirandaTam

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Name: Miranda, or Mira
What I like to do: I like astronomy and webcomics and books and swing sets.
When I started reading Nimona: A few months ago, I forget the exact time
Favorite Animal: Cuttlefish!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Junk

PostSubject: newfig reporting in   Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:45 pm

Name:
<--
Just on here though.
What I like to do: people Computer stuff, debate, write, read webcomics, listen to music, browse these forum things.
Started reading about 6 months ago, when some friends recommended the comic to me.
I do not have a favorite animal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TsundereHime

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:43 pm

I usually go by my username, TsundereHime. I like to draw, read, write, and game. I also have a serious movie obsession going.

I started reading Nimona towards the end of chapter six. As for my favorite animal...do dragons count? If not, I'm going to go with wolves. Wolves are awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://creativekatastrophe.wordpress.com
TRUTHORDARE

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:46 pm

Well, as for moi my username practically everywhere is 'ТЯЦТНΘЯḊΔЯЄ'.

Programming occupies most of my life, but couchpotatoing on the internet is my #1 escape pod to relaxation. Out of it, I especially dig works of fiction and illustrative art. While on a webcomic spree just about a year ago I came across 'Nimona' and it was love at first panel I love you 

I'd love to say that my favourite animal are sharks, but in reality those things scare the living shit outta me. But I can safely say that I'm a dog person, so I hope that's close enough Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: It is now official!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:03 pm

noseonarug17 wrote:
There's no official page for this, so let's have an unofficial one, freshman icebreaker format!

-what you like to do
-favorite animal

for me, that's noseonarug17/zeebz/Kristian; I like climbing, ASOIAF, and video games; I probably started reading nimona sometime during chapter 6, as far as I can tell; and I love ocelots, lynx, snow leopards, and wolves.

Hi noseonarug17, I have made your unofficial thread into an official one! Thank you for joining the Nimona Forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nimonafanforum.forumotion.com
Junk

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:17 pm

truthordare wrote:

Programming occupies most of my life, but couchpotatoing on the internet is my #1 escape pod to relaxation. Out of it, I especially dig works of fiction and illustrative art. While on a webcomic spree just about a year ago I came across 'Nimona' and it was love at first panel I love you 

I'd love to say that my favourite animal are sharks, but in reality those things scare the living shit outta me. But I can safely say that I'm a dog person, so I hope that's close enough Smile
Holy butts a programmer!
What do you make? What language(s) do you use?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
noseonarug17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Junk wrote:
truthordare wrote:

Holy butts a programmer!
Whoa, no way! I'm a computer science major. Wouldn't really consider myself a programmer yet though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Junk

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:29 pm

noseonarug17 wrote:
Junk wrote:
truthordare wrote:

Holy butts a programmer!
Whoa, no way! I'm a computer science major. Wouldn't really consider myself a programmer yet though...
Eh, I'm not good enough to be a serious programmer either. I've got a language or two under my belt and I know my way around things, however I apply nothing that I know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
noseonarug17

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:02 pm

Junk wrote:
noseonarug17 wrote:
Junk wrote:
truthordare wrote:

Holy butts a programmer!
Eh, I'm not good enough to be a serious programmer either. I've got a language or two under my belt and I know my way around things, however I apply nothing that I know.
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right now I'm just happy to understand my homework.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lovesmasher

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:25 pm

I'm Keith and I'm a hairstylist in Chicago.
I mostly do tabletop, board and video gaming.
I started reading Nimona when there were about 4-5 pages, but chronologically, I have no recollection when that was.
My favorite animal is my fiance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strangewolf

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi all!

You can call me Jon. I'm a physicist from the UK, currently working in the US. My favourite thing to do is music—listening to, writing, and playing. I also enjoy certain webcomics.

I can't actually remember how long I've been reading Nimona, or who linked me to it. I'm sure it must have been recommended by another webcomic person. However I came across it, it's been one of my favourites ever since.

Really my favourite animal is the domestic cat, but I must also mention the velvet worm because they are ancient and awesome and the way they walk is really cute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.drivingforwolves.com
Einah

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:26 am

strangewolf wrote:
Hi all!

You can call me Jon. I'm a physicist from the UK, currently working in the US. My favourite thing to do is music—listening to, writing, and playing. I also enjoy certain webcomics.

I can't actually remember how long I've been reading Nimona, or who linked me to it. I'm sure it must have been recommended by another webcomic person. However I came across it, it's been one of my favourites ever since.

Really my favourite animal is the domestic cat, but I must also mention the velvet worm because they are ancient and awesome and the way they walk is really cute.
Yay, a fellow musician! What do you play?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://einahhh.tumblr.com
Midare

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:10 am

-name
Midare works for fandoms.

-what you like to do
Read, wright, draw a bit, and annoy my dog.

-when you started reading Nimona
I'm really not sure when I started, it has been some time... but my perception of time is notoriously messed up.

-favorite animal
Chickadees, Chowchows, or Chipmunks maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kunnandi

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:28 am

-Name- Kunnandi
-What I like to do- Read, cook, more reading, study(more of a have todo) and work with my animals. I am one of those strange, partially human creatures known as college students.

-When did I start reading Nimona- about six months ago during a comic binge on comic rocket. The comics I'm attracted to usually have to have a good story-line or good artwork, this one has both =)
-What's my favorite animal? Geese, definitely geese. Any type of water fowl really but my gooses are still the absolute favorite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paddy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:36 am

Hi!
I'm Juliana, but they call me paddy. I'm a graphic designer from Brazil.
I like to drink beer (or wine), do nothing on facebook, tumblr or behance, read and study semiotics and mythology. And I'm helping my girlfriend to write a webcomic. Smile
I started reading Nimona last year, or this year, i don't really remember. But once i started i couldn't stop.
And I LOVE wolves. Really really really love them. My passion started two or three years ago, when i was in a shamanic ritual and discovered that they are my protectors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://artemisandthewolf.tumblr.com/
BlazingFeathers

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:22 am

I have a crazy welsh name with no vowels so Cloud is fine heh
I like writing (I aspire to be a full-time writer) and wild animals and online comics and *ahem* yaoi
I'm actually new to the Nimona fandom (about a month old) but been in online comic scene for years. QC took my online comic virginity around 5 years ago bahahaha
ALL ANIMALS ARE MY FAVOURITES except arachnids, they are more like relatively okay to me rather than favoured. Big cats are my passion! My favourites amongst them switch often, but clouded leopards have a special place in my heart.

noseonarug17 wrote:
Junk wrote:
noseonarug17 wrote:
Junk wrote:
truthordare wrote:

Holy butts a programmer!
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh right now I'm just happy to understand my homework.
Ah! I just deferred from my Bachelor of Computer Science on friday! I wonder what it is with Nimona and programming students lol.

Last edited by BlazingFeathers on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
strangewolf

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:57 am

Einah wrote:
strangewolf wrote:
Hi all!

Yay, a fellow musician!  What do you play?
Hi Einah. I play guitar and bass and I sing. Recently I've mostly been playing classical guitar, although not always in a classical style. What about you? What do you play? What kind of stuff do you write?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.drivingforwolves.com
soohdooj

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:58 am

Well hello!

My name's Valeria, nice to meet you all. I like reading, listening to music, plotting world domination... you now, normal stuff.
I started reading Nimona when Noelle started publishing actually, after a while I was following her on tumblr, but I became a regular reader only recently.
My favourite animal is the whole zoo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Orivexes

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:56 am

cloudleo22 wrote:
I have a crazy welsh name with no vowels so Cloud is fine heh

Ah! I just deferred from my Bachelor of Computer Science on friday! I wonder what it is with Nimona and programming students lol.
I know a little javascript, and took a bunch of CS classes as well. By now, I've forgotten it all...

Nice to see more musicians here too! I didn't specify earlier, but I play some brass, drums, and sing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://igobyjoe.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next