Nimona Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nimona Fan Forum

A Fan Forum for the discussion of the Nimon webcomic by Noelle Stevenson. This Forum is brand new so please help us get started by posting comments!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introduce yourself!

Go down 
+21
Blackberry Stone
Nevermore
LittleFirework
soohdooj
BlazingFeathers
Paddy
Kunnandi
Midare
strangewolf
Lovesmasher
Admin
TRUTHORDARE
TsundereHime
Junk
MirandaTam
Dodes
Orivexes
King Mob
Metichi
Einah
noseonarug17
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LittleFirework

LittleFirework

Introduce yourself! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: An Inkling of an Introduction (oh god puns no help)   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 1:33 pm

Hello fellow Nimonites! (Nimoners? Nimonics?) I'm LittleFirework (previously known as St_Croix), perpetual student and perennial traveler. My name is taken from Blizzard, a poem by Carl Philips. I love reading, writing, and music (both making and listening, I can play piano and bass guitar and  have a broad taste in music) and am currently trying to graduate with a Bachelor's in English this winter. Most of my time gets sucked into the vortex of writing papers and sobbing uncontrollably, consequentially.
I started reading Nimona a few months ago, I think it was Chapter 6, page 29. I have no memory of how I found the website, though, so my only logical conclusion I can draw is that I was brainwashed by the Director into reading the comic. I'm sure I would have nothing to do with this comic otherwise. Wink
My favourite animals (never ask me to pick only one of something) are foxes and kingfishers. Please plan accordingly.

Last edited by LittleFirework on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing some things.)
Back to top Go down
https://afterthenonsequitur.wordpress.com/
Nevermore

Nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 6:59 pm

Hey there everyone! I'm Nevermore, a name chosen from Edgar Allan Poe's poem The Raven. If you've ever read the Discworld series, you can call me Quoth Wink. I love to write, mainly the fantasy genre, although I do write poetry as well. I play the flute/piccolo, and have actually tried my hand at writing some music for it. The most that can be said about that is that it's...interesting. I'm not really sure when I started reading Nimona (I think by the time I caught up it was still in chapter four), but I love it. What can I say? I'm a member of the Villain Fan Club. My favorite animals are golden eagles, snow leopards (really any kind of big cat, but those especially), and since I can't not include a mythical creature, dragons.
Back to top Go down
Junk

Junk

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:37 pm

Nevermore wrote:
If you've ever read the Discworld series, you can call me Quoth Wink
And a Pratchett fan! I'm starting to like this place.
Back to top Go down
Nevermore

Nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Yes! I wasn't expecting to find one so quickly!
Back to top Go down
strangewolf

strangewolf

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:37 pm

Yes, we seem to have a lot of musicians. I don't know if it means anything, but it's pretty good.

Inkling wrote:
My favourite animals (never ask me to pick only one of something) are foxes and kingfishers. Please plan accordingly.
Good choice. I once almost crashed into a kingfisher who was standing on a low-hanging branch when my punt was veering into the riverbank. Somehow we didn't become aware of each other until the last moment. That's the only time I've ever seen one in real life I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.drivingforwolves.com
BlazingFeathers

BlazingFeathers

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Inkling wrote:
Hello fellow Nimonites! (Nimoners? Nimonics?) I'm Inkling (aka St. Croix on the Disqus comments on the comic site, I was an idiot and didn't think to use the same username.
You can change usernames easy on your profile!
Back to top Go down
LittleFirework

LittleFirework

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 12:51 am

cloudleo22 wrote:
Inkling wrote:
Hello fellow Nimonites! (Nimoners? Nimonics?) I'm Inkling (aka St. Croix on the Disqus comments on the comic site, I was an idiot and didn't think to use the same username.
Hm, so you can. That has the potential for many shenanigans. I'd rather change it on the Disqus profile, though. Technology never ceases to amaze me. ;9
Back to top Go down
https://afterthenonsequitur.wordpress.com/
Einah

Einah

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 1:47 am

Eee, so many musicians! LOVE IT.

I primarily play the piano; a little bit of everything, but I've been classically trained. Apart from that, my two other mains are guitar and cello, but I dabble in others such as ukulele, flute and bass... oh, and I love singing!

I also write little bits and pieces; string quartets pieces, unusual arrangements, little piano thingies. You know. I'd love to try songwriting but I haven't managed to get my snippets of lyrics all together into one thing...
Back to top Go down
http://einahhh.tumblr.com
BlazingFeathers

BlazingFeathers

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 11:06 am

LittleFirework wrote:
cloudleo22 wrote:
Inkling wrote:
Hm, so you can. That has the potential for many shenanigans. I'd rather change it on the Disqus profile, though. Technology never ceases to amaze me. ;9
LittleFirework is a pretty cute name, though for some reason Inkling is just cooler. I feel inspired to change my username nowww
Back to top Go down
Blackberry Stone

Blackberry Stone

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 12:09 pm

Hi everyone!
I'm Helena, from Brazil.
I'm a graphic design student, a long time illustrator, music writer and lover (specially folk), film and fashion enthusiast, storyteller, wanderlust, coolhunter, queer feminist... oh well.
I like beer, banjos, androginy, boats and drinking with good friends.

Favorite animals are cats, or lynxes. And bears.
And I hate spiders. I really do.  

Started reading Nimona last year, I think it was around 3rd chapter. Fell in love with the simplicity yet loveliness of the style and the unconventional, involving story. Noelle has become a big inspiration.
I'm currently writing my own webcomic (as paddy mentioned), which will hopefully be online soon, and it's been my dearest project.

Nice to meet you all. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://azul-da-prussia.tumblr.com/
TRUTHORDARE

TRUTHORDARE

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:42 pm

BlazingFeathers wrote:
Ah! I just deferred from my Bachelor of Computer Science on friday! I wonder what it is with Nimona and programming students lol.
IT'S THE SSSCCCIIIIENNNCECCEEEEE!!

Last edited by TRUTHORDARE on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRUTHORDARE

TRUTHORDARE

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Junk wrote:
truthordare wrote:
Well, as for moi my username practically everywhere is 'ТЯЦТНΘЯḊΔЯЄ'.

Programming occupies most of my life, but couchpotatoing on the internet is my #1 escape pod to relaxation. Out of it, I especially dig works of fiction and illustrative art. While on a webcomic spree just about a year ago I came across 'Nimona' and it was love at first panel I love you 

I'd love to say that my favourite animal are sharks, but in reality those things scare the living shit outta me. But I can safely say that I'm a dog person, so I hope that's close enough Smile
Holy butts a programmer!
What do you make? What language(s) do you use?
I mostly do software and web applications and the languages I use vary between the usual (C++, C#, PHP, ASP.NET, VB.NET, XML, XHTML/HTML5, Java/JSP, JavaScript, JQuery, AJAX, ActionScript, SQL... and I'm still learning new things).
It's hard work sometimes, but I love it Smile
Back to top Go down
Junk

Junk

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:35 pm

TRUTHORDARE wrote:

I mostly do software and web applications and the languages I use vary between the usual (C++, C#, PHP, ASP.NET, VB.NET, XML, XHTML/HTML5, Java/JSP, JavaScript, JQuery, AJAX, ActionScript, SQL... and I'm still learning new things).
It's hard work sometimes, but I love it Smile
Nice. Any tips for the aspiring engineer?
Back to top Go down
AceNicki

AceNicki

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 5:55 am

My name is Nicki. In my spare time I like to read, but more often than not I'm stage managing or running a blog about Asexuality. I do not remember when I first started reading Nimona, but I do remember that I checked it out because someone posted a link on facebook indicating that it was the best thing ever. My favorite wild animal is the owl and I love owl related artwork and decoration; my favorite companion animal is probably the cat.
Back to top Go down
BlazingFeathers

BlazingFeathers

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 6:45 am

AceNicki wrote:
My name is Nicki.  In my spare time I like to read, but more often than not I'm stage managing or running a blog about Asexuality.
What's the blog? My friend is pretty sure she's asexual, she's just realising it though.
Back to top Go down
MlleLorelei

MlleLorelei

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 4:37 pm

Greetings folks!

My name is Emily. In a former shape I was known as Palekitty (or PK) - but that was about ten years ago (whoa) on the Offical Sarah Brightman Fan Forum. You may also have come across me as Curiouser on the Lemon Demon Forum (Illemonati) where I made a brief fiery intellectual appearance for about a month four years ago. I haven't been forum-ing for quite a while, but this seemed worth it - especially because it's so small at the moment, it's not as overwhelming as joining an existing established community of people who've posted thousands and thousands and thousands of times.

I enjoy good food, singing, I play the ukelele rather mediocrely though I'm improving, and the recorder. I can plunk things out on a piano. I was a student of theatre for many years and did a lot of costume building and stripping and dressing of actors backstage in recent interations of myself, but am now applying my writing and editing skills in a desk job at a nonprofit where I get to think and talk about a lot of useful, interesting, and inspiring things. My only computer languages are basic formatting in HTML and [BBCode]. As in, I can italicize and bold things. Woo! I am also a fan of Terry Pratchett, for those of you who mentioned that. And Gaiman, Tolkien, Nix, LeGuin, Rowling, etc. Along with a lot of 19th century literature (and fashion). I'm a fashion history geek. I LOVE STORIES.

And I can be loquacious.

I don't remember when I started reading Nimona... It was around a year ago. I don't think I've become so obsessed with another comic so fast. And I don't know how I found it, either. I follow a lot of quality webcomic artists, though, so I must have found it through them. I've gotten my dad hooked, too. Sometimes he even manages to read the pages before me.

My favorite animal is probably the cat. Which is boring, so I'll add some adjectives: A Black, short-haired, domestic cat with yellow eyes who likes to go on walks and shreds up the toilet paper when you leave him at home, and who disappears mysteriously to go time travelling and attend rituals in the woods and never tells you about where he was.

I want to shout out to all y'all for having the BEST COMMENT SECTION ON THE INTERNET. Which is why I figured this would be a great forum to join. Smile Also maybe all us musicians could have a virtual Nimona band?
Back to top Go down
Saphruikan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 am

Er, hallo! Wow, this topic has been a dead a while. Anyway, I'm Saphruikan. Nimona has destroyed my life, and I understand that this forum is the support group to go to to talk about FEELS.
Back to top Go down
ChronosDragon

ChronosDragon

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 10:37 pm

Good Day, all.

I am ChronosDragon in many places, p0rtalplayer in others (details on that forthcoming), and Andrew in real life.

My choice of hobby is usually programming - I was somewhat surprised to see so many kindred spirits in this forum! My language of choice is C#, though I've been familiarizing myself with C++ and I've worked with PHP, the standard clientside web languages (HTML, javascript, jquery, etc), Python, Java, and had sparse exposure to a few others. I also enjoy drawing (mostly dragons - I honed what artistic talent I have by continuous improvement of my dragon doodles) and have been a longstanding Portal level creator (known in the business as a "mapper"). I first started interneting because of Portal, and for several years I was simply "p0rtalplayer" with my am-i-cool-yet 0 and seriously generic descriptor. My current username is based on a more personal interest of mine as well as part of my last name, which everyone always describes as "so cool".

I started reading Nimona when I was linked from a thread on the XKCD forums for comic #1190, Time, which grew a huge community and seemingly endless thread that I've been a part of for almost a year now. I bemusedly clicked through a few pages and was instantly hooked with Nim's "I'M A SHARK!" gag Laughing 

My favorite animal...should be pretty obvious. I'm a huge dragon nerd, I could write pages about physiology and variation of canon and all that, but that's for another day. And for anyone who argues that's not a real animal, tell that to Nimona!
Back to top Go down
http://chronoscreations.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nimona Fan Forum :: Nimona :: Community-
Jump to: