Nimona Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nimona Fan Forum

A Fan Forum for the discussion of the Nimon webcomic by Noelle Stevenson. This Forum is brand new so please help us get started by posting comments!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gunnerkrigg Court

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
likethesun

likethesun

Gunnerkrigg Court Empty
PostSubject: Gunnerkrigg Court   Gunnerkrigg Court EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 2:19 am

Gunnerkrigg Court Archai11

I love this webcomic. Besides Nimona it is the only webcomic that I check the day it updates. The schedule is super regular which I love. MWF at midnight.

It's about a girl, Antimony, who comes to a school called Gunnerkrigg Court after her mother dies. She becomes friends with Kat and they go on adventures, exploring the court and also the forest beyond it. One of the central motifs is the dichotomy of technology, represented by Gunnerkrigg Court, and magic which is represented by the forest.

It also has its own forums where people discuss anything and everything. I have three print volumes and I hope to own the fourth soon.
Back to top Go down
MirandaTam

MirandaTam

Gunnerkrigg Court Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnerkrigg Court   Gunnerkrigg Court EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 10:27 am

I also read Gunnerkrigg Court! It's really nice to meet other people who do, I don't go on the forums over there that much.
Back to top Go down
Orivexes

Gunnerkrigg Court Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnerkrigg Court   Gunnerkrigg Court EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 4:24 pm

The writing in GKC is just so great--probably one of the most well-designed fantasy stories out there!

We're how many chapters in and just now learning about how the forest works. Everything is so big and complex, I love it!
Back to top Go down
http://igobyjoe.tumblr.com
likethesun

likethesun

Gunnerkrigg Court Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnerkrigg Court   Gunnerkrigg Court EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 4:21 am

Nice to meet you, too, Miranda! The forums over there can get really intense, but Tom moderates the forums and has told some of the more argumentative people to calm down. Since then I haven't seen any drama except when the most recent couple got together. Shipping is always such drama.

This newest chapter promises to explain some more about the Court/Forest divide! I'm looking forward to it and also the bajillion questions that will arise from it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gunnerkrigg Court Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunnerkrigg Court   Gunnerkrigg Court Empty

Back to top Go down

Gunnerkrigg Court
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nimona Fan Forum :: Nimona :: What Other Webcomics Do You Read?-
Jump to: